Gulayan Klasrum

PECHAY
             Planting is not the type of work that gets my interest. Urban Gardening is not my hobby and passion. Until one day, Mrs. Agaton told us to read about Gulayan Klasrum by Carlos Palanca. She told us to read it for us to encourage to have our urban gardening also. She then also told us that after reading the story,we should provide our own urban gardening at our house. At first I was thinking not to read the story but I get confused about the title. So I started reading it and as time goes by, I realize that in a simple way, we can make our own urban gardening. 

            I chose pechay plant because according to Glo De Castro, Pechay is one of those leafy vegetables that can easily grow in containers. It  is a very popular vegetable  in Chinese and Southeast Asian cuisine.  In western countries, they are also known as  “bok choy” or “pak choy”.  The pechay leaves are smooth and dark green in color forming a cluster similar to  mustard greens. In the Philippines,  we usually add pechay leaves to beef or pork broth soups, or on their own, they are best sautéed with garlic. The other reason why I chose this kind of vegetable is because I love the dish of my mom called “Ginisang pechay na may Giniling”. So if I planted a lot of it and harvest them, my mother will cook me a very delicious dish.YUM! YUM! YUM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puppy Love

Monyeka

Reportage: The House on Zapote Street